Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Monday, March 16, 2015

Scrapbook

I have started work on the scrapbook idea that Gary came up with. It serves two main purposes:

1) Use it for our public outreach sessions so that the public could appreciate and have a better understanding of what they are seeing through our telescopes with enlarged, detailed pictures and some basic infomation.

2) Serves as a backup to teach basic astronomy when the sky doesn't hold up.

Using Microsoft PowerPoint, I have come up with some slides. I have sorted it into chapters in the table of contents and have completed the first chapter, which is solar astronomy. I am currently working on observable planets and the remaining chapters may take me some time to complete. 

Everything is in draft now. I have done some brushing up while doing the slides, reading about the subjects that I feel are important and then condensing them into bite-size information for the layman.

I am still unsure if the science or the contents are right. I will need to gather opinions and reviews here and there once it's completed.

Once it's done, I will save all the slides into a thumb drive and get them printed onto magazine quality paper and bind them into a scrapbook at Queensway Shopping Centre. If it's not too costly, I may chose to have a better quality paper to make the scrapbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment