Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Astronomy Textbook

Got this astronomy textbook at Bras Basah Complex before I caught the movie 'Chappie', which was an awesome movie by the way. Definitely not to be missed.

Getting this textbook reminds me of the time when I registered for an astronomy course with Cousera. I didn't manage to complete the course as I found it tough to understand. I was stuck in the topic of Right Ascension and Declination Angle hence I couldn't complete the test needed to proceed. I was more intrigued by the theory than the maths involved, so I just watched the weekly videos that an astrophysics professor at MIT posted.

I don't really fear numbers as per se, I just don't have a solid foundation. Like many other astronomy textbooks out there, this one has mathematical fomulas. I will be tearing the hair from my head in the next few weeks. Hope to push myself more to learn about the maths this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment