Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pure Coincidence

I was supposed to meet a seller on Carousell at Little India MRT Station this morning to collect a deck of astronomy-themed poker cards.

We met up and I sort of found this female seller bearing an uncanny resemblance to someone I have seen before. She asked me if I was into astronomy and I said yes, and I told her that I do sidewalks at Toa Payoh and Bishan Park and shamelessly invited her to an astronomy talk at Toa Payoh Library that's about to happen next week. She uttered the name "Gary?" and I was stunned for a moment. I asked how she knew him and she said she was into astronomy, too, but was too busy with life to catch up with the hobby. We parted ways after that.

Just as I was taking a train, she messaged me on Carousell and said that she has a slight recollection of me, that I was one of the participants who helped out at Nat Geo's COSMOS promotional event at 1 Altitude. I thought the same, too. No wonder she looked familiar. Hahaha. I forgot what her name was but later found out from Dave and Ava that she's called Feng Ling. We have only met once for the Cosmos event about a year back and I have never seen her since, until this morning.

What a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment