Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Upgrades

It's 4am in the morning now and I have just came back from shopping at Mustafa Centre. I was planning to get a name card holder for some time now because my phone case is fully chucked with name cards. I have the old Singapore Sidewalk Astronomy paper name cards, the newer and better quality Singapore Sidewalk Astronomy name cards, and some of Gary's Astro.sg name cards. My phone casing was bursting at the seams and I thought it was an appropriate time for me to get a proper holder.

I also thought to buy a voice amplifier for future astronomy sidewalks. This is purely experimental. Instead of repeating myself over and over again about what they are going to see whenever someone next in line comes up to view my scope, I could just use this device and speak to everybody who is queuing. I could also give mini-lectures if the sky doesn't hold up. It's also a good idea to get this because we can reach out to the public who are further away from us and are curious to know what we are doing but are shy to approach us. I don't want to shout across for them to come over to have a peek as I may seem aggressive and may easily scare them off. Hopefully it works out as planned. If someone in our group is keen to do the talking and is an articulated orator, then I shall pass the PA system over for an overall improvement during sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment