Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Spaceflight Vault

Guess what I stumbled across when I was at Tiong Bahru Plaza yesterday? There was a book sale on level one and I thought many books belonged to the kids category. I continued sauntering until something stopped me in my tracks. Being a stargazer, you can't help but have a keen eye for anything that is space-related. I saw this majestic book standing in an ocean of children's books, as if awaiting my purchase. It was a copy of The Spaceflight Vault which tells the history of NASA's humble years of space exploration. From the ancient Chinese rocket invention to Wernher von Braun's Saturn V rocket, and the STS (Space Transfer System) missions, this book thoroughly keeps you entertained!

It's a fairly large coffee table book and it is also known as a "museum in a book" because it contains replicas and facsimiles inside. I was enticed in no time and bought it at $39.90 (Singapore dollars) and there were only two copies left. I'm very happy with the sale.

It's screaming, "BUY ME!!!"


  

No comments:

Post a Comment