Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Friday, February 13, 2015

Awesome Pictures!

Yesterday when I was browsing the net, I saw a wonderful picture of Uranus taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. I have never seen this picture before so I thought I should share it.

The rings and the moons can clearly be seen around Uranus.

Another awesome picture:

I have seen this picture of comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko taken by the Rosetta spacecraft before. I would have posted this picture earlier if I had this blog then. In this image, you can see the comet itself and what is more amazing is that Rosetta also captured its own photovoltaic array as part of that image, letting us awe at the distance between the comet and the spacecraft.

Rosetta spacecraft and comet 67P
     
Speaking of awesome pictures, you can actually download a free app called APOD (Astronomy Picture Of the Day) on your smartphone/tablet or head to their website if you are using desktop/laptop computers. They have many fabulous pictures stored there.

No comments:

Post a Comment