Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Better Meteorological Service

A few days ago, I was lamenting to Gary about NEA's (National Environment Agency) satellite imagery of cloud fomations around the region of Singapore. It was really difficult to predict in real-time using images from two hours ago and I was often let down shortly after I have deployed my telescope for viewing. The tropical weather here can turn crazy really fast.

So, Gary introduced to me a meteorological service from Japan. It shows a satellite image of cloud formations around the South-East Asia region from an hour ago. I find it easier to manage my expectations of the sky that way. I have shared the link at the bottom, feel free to use it and share it around.




No comments:

Post a Comment