Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Monday, April 6, 2015

That Book Thing

So, I have completed the scrapbook that I have been rambling about since last month. You can take a look at March's blog post entitled "Scrapbook" for a heads up.

I took my thumb drive down to Queensway Shopping Centre and have the PowerPoint slides printed and binded into a book. It was expensive. There were 110 slides and each cost fifty-cents to print. The binding was $2. Throw in tax and the total came up to $61.

This is sort of a prototype copy and I have already started scribbling down additional stuff on back pages. Those are to be included in the next printout which I am going to do it myself for economical reasons.

I have yet to explain anything to anyone using this book. Fingers crossed, I hope to bring it along with me to every sidewalk session and utilize it as often as possible.

The book contains things that the public frequently ask about and bite-size explanations of why certain things happen the way they do. It is flooded with many pictures for visual learning and with me as an audio guide when I communicate astronomy to the public.


No comments:

Post a Comment