Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sharing Is Caring

I have been planning to start a telescope loaning program for some time now but have not the slightest clue how I should go about it.

So, I have decided to offer this pilot program to my friends first and if it succeeds, then I will gradually offer it to the public.

The telescope for loan is a Celestron 70mm refractor. The aperture is small but one is still able to see objects like the Moon and star clusters. The loan includes a modified finder, 2 eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a diagonal, and an aluminum tripod.

I have decided to set the loan period to 2 weeks which starts from the day of handover. On a case-to-case basis, an additional week of extension can be granted upon request.

Before the handover, I will spend some time teaching you how to setup and use a telescope. No fear, it's quite simple and easy to grasp!

Any friends of mine who have read this and are interested, do call me or drop me a private message on Facebook. You can also post your request in my blog's chatbox by identifying who you are along with the request and I shall get back to you ASAP. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment