Sidewalk Astronomy

Sidewalk Astronomy

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Memories

Was going through some pictures in my old online album and stumbled upon this photo.
I guess it was about 4 years ago when I have just started out astronomy with Jason. In this picture were our mutual friends, Kat, Chantel, and Paul in the background.

Jason and I were quite eager and thought to share with them the wonders of visual astronomy at Punggol Park. Paul had a somewhat solid foundation in armchair astronomy, so I thought he could appreciate it the most.

I had with me a 70mm Celestron Travelscope and a Celestron Upclose 10×50 binos. If my memory still serves, Jason had with him a Celestron 76mm Firstscope. Both of them relatively cheap setups that are good for beginners.

It was a night to remember and that was arguably our very first star party?

No comments:

Post a Comment